There’s no denying that there’s a longing–no matter how illogical or fleeting–each time a chapter in life comes to an end. Especially when it’s time to decide whether you want to continue having kids or be done.
It’s during that decision making process, or even after you think you’ve made the decision, that you begin to notice the little, ridiculous things that make pregnancy and having a new baby seem suddenly and unrealistically awesome again.
Here are 15 reasons that make mom-ing seem wonderful all over again.
1. There are so many toys and an entire playroom that need a few more years of use–otherwise, your either hoarding kids’ toys or giving them away, and that seems like a waste of an entire room full of toys.
2. That one time one of them actually did something sweet that brought tears to your eyes.
3. There’s an outfit at Target you want your kids to wear, but they’re all too big now.
4. You’ll do everything perfectly this pregnancy–yoga, classical music, clean eating, the works.
5. You secretly look forward to the hospital stay after giving birth.
6. All of your babies have hit the stage where they’ll no longer cuddle.
7. Because you want at least one pregnancy where the gender remains a surprise.
8. For 9 more months, the eternal baby bump you have will actually be because there’s a baby in there.
9. There are endless amounts of awesome announcement and reveal video/photo/post ideas bouncing around in your head.
10. Being required to meet with an OBGYN 20+ times throughout your pregnancy will also double as a checkup anytime your hypochondria kicks in.
11. There are so many names you still want to use.
12. The firsts never get old, and there’s only one way to get more.
13. There’s a higher chance at least one of them will take care of you when you’re old.
14. There are plenty of nursery themes you have yet to execute.
15. So you can take advantage of all the new developments and items you wished you’d had when your other children were babies.